Advertising Sales Agent Interview Questions & Answers
Advertising sales agents sell advertising space to businesses and individuals.
Interviewers look for candidates that demonstrate excellent skills such as:
In this blog, we discuss commonly asked interview questions during job interviews for Advertising Sales Agent positions. We also discuss the qualities that interviewers look for in successful candidates. In other words, we’re here to help you out!
Skills Interviewers Look For In Successful Candidates
Below we discuss the skills you can highlight in your answers to demonstrate that you’re qualified for the job.
Why interviewers are interested in your communication skills:
Advertising sales agents must be persuasive during sales calls. In addition, they should listen to the client’s desires and concerns, and recommend an appropriate advertising package.
Why interviewers are interested in your initiative-taking skills:
Advertising sales agents must actively seek new clients, keep in touch with current clients, and expand their client base in order to meet sales quotas.
Why interviewers are interested in your organizational skills:
Agents work with many clients, each of whom may be at a different stage in the sales process. Agents must be well organized to keep track of their clients and potential clients.
Why interviewers are interested in your self-confidence:
Advertising sales agents should be confident when calling potential clients (making cold calls). Because potential clients are often unwilling to commit on a first call, agents frequently must continue making sales calls, even if rejected at first.
Advertising Sales Agent Job Interview Questions & Answers
During a job interview, the hiring manager wants to discuss several things. Think of your:
- Employment history
- Skills and abilities
- Job qualifications
- Educational background
- Career goals
Below you find a list of commonly asked interview questions.
Examples Of General Advertising Sales Agent Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What interests you about this position?
- Walk me through your resume.
- What motivates you?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Describe your work ethic.
- What is your greatest strength?
- How does your experience qualify you for this job?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a challenging work situation and how you overcame it.
- What are your expectations for this position?
- What are your career goals?
- Why should we hire you?
- What did you like most about your last position?
- What did you like least about your last position?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
Examples Of Specific Advertising Sales Agent Behavioral Interview Questions
- Describe a time you thought outside of the box to close a sale.
- What strategies do you use to stay up to date on your target markets and clients?
- Describe the hardest deal you ever had to close. What made it so difficult? How did you do it?
- Tell me how you deal with customer objections. Can you give me an example?
- Walk me through your approach and the first questions you ask every prospect.
- When do you decide to stop pursuing a new client? Can you give me an example?
- Give me an example of how you plan, organize, and prioritize a typical workday as an advertising sales agent.
- Tell me about a time you made a mistake as an advertising sales agent. What happened? How did you rectify it?
- How often do you meet your sales targets? Do you know your average percentage of targets met?
- Give me an example of how you find prospective new clients.