Floral Designer Interview Questions & Answers
Floral designers arrange live, dried, and silk flowers and greenery to make decorative displays.
Interviewers look for candidates who demonstrate excellent skills such as:
In this blog, we discuss commonly asked interview questions during job interviews for floral designer positions. We also discuss the qualities that interviewers look for in successful candidates. In other words, we’re here to help you out!
Skills Interviewers Look For In Successful Candidates
Below we discuss the skills that you can highlight in your answers to demonstrate that you’re qualified for the job.
Why the interviewer is interested in your artistic ability:
Floral designers use their sense of style to develop aesthetically pleasing designs.
Why the interviewer is interested in your creativity:
Floral designers must develop appropriate designs for different occasions. They must also be open to new ideas because trends in floral design change quickly.
Why the interviewer is interested in your customer-service skills:
Floral designers spend much of their day interacting with customers and suppliers. They must be able to understand what a customer is looking for, explain options, and provide high-quality products and service.
Why the interviewer is interested in your organizational skills:
Floral designers need to be well organized to keep the business operating smoothly and to ensure that orders are completed on time.
Floral Designer Job Interview Questions & Answers
During a job interview, the hiring manager wants to discuss several things. Think of your:
- Employment history
- Skills and abilities
- Job qualifications
- Educational background
- Career goals
Below you find a list of commonly asked interview questions.
Examples Of General Floral Designer Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What interests you about this position?
- Walk me through your resume.
- What motivates you?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Describe your work ethic.
- What is your greatest strength?
- How does your experience qualify you for this job?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a challenging work situation and how you overcame it.
- What are your expectations for this position?
- What are your career goals?
- Why should we hire you?
- What did you like most about your last position?
- What did you like least about your last position?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
Examples Of Specific Floral Designer Behavioral Interview Questions
- What has been the most challenging project you have worked on as a floral designer?
- As a floral designer, tell me about a rewarding teamwork experience.
- What is your specialty as a floral designer?
- Tell me about a time you thought out of the box to solve a problem.
- Which of your prior work experience will help you most in this position?
- Tell me how you plan, organize, and prioritize your work.
- Can you walk me through your thought process before you design a floral arrangement?
- What actions do you take if a client wants something that you cannot do?
- Tell me about the largest event you have ever prepared floral arrangements for.
- How do you make sure that customers are happy with customized flower arrangements?
- Do you have any work experience managing a floral shop? Can you tell me more about your experience?
- What is your biggest accomplishment as a floral designer?
- What would you do in a situation where a customer wants a floral arrangement that you do not consider appropriate for the occasion?
- Can you walk me through your floral design experience?
- How do you make sure that all floral arrangement orders are completed and delivered on time?
- Tell me more about your creative thought process when preparing a floral arrangement.