Middle School Teacher Interview Questions & Answers
Middle school teachers educate students, typically in sixth through eighth grades.
Interviewers look for candidates that demonstrate excellent skills such as:
- Communication skills
- Physical stamina
In this blog, we discuss commonly asked interview questions during job interviews for Middle School Teacher positions. We also discuss the qualities that interviewers look for in successful candidates. In other words, we’re here to help you out!
Also, read more about frequently asked job interview questions here and check our job interview preparation checklist.
Skills Interviewers Look For In Successful Candidates
Below we discuss the skills you can highlight in your answers to demonstrate that you’re qualified for the job.
Why interviewers are interested in your communication skills:
Teachers must share ideas with their students, other teachers, and school administrators, and staff. In addition, they need to discuss student progress with parents.
Learn more about communication interview questions and how to answer them!
Why interviewers are interested in your levels of patience:
Middle school teachers must stay calm in challenging situations, such as when students struggle with material or create disturbances in class.
Why interviewers are interested in your physical stamina:
Working with middle school students can be tiring. Teachers need to keep up with the students physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Why interviewers are interested in your resourcefulness:
Middle school teachers need to get students engaged in learning and adapt lessons to each student’s needs.
Middle School Teacher Job Interview Questions & Answers
During a job interview, the hiring manager wants to discuss several things. Think of your:
- Employment history
- Skills and abilities
- Job qualifications
- Educational background
- Career goals
Below you find a list of commonly asked interview questions.
Examples Of General Middle School Teacher Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What interests you about this position?
- Walk me through your resume.
- What motivates you?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Describe your work ethic.
- What is your greatest strength?
- How does your experience qualify you for this job?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a challenging work situation and how you overcame it.
- What are your expectations for this position?
- What are your career goals?
- Why should we hire you?
- What did you like most about your last position?
- What did you like least about your last position?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
Learn how to answer these common job interview questions!
Examples Of Specific Middle School Teacher Behavioral Interview Questions
Learn more about answering behavioral interview questions by using the STAR interview technique.
- What is your teaching philosophy? Can you give me an example?
- Tell me about your classroom management structure.
- What technology do you use in your classes?
- How do you ensure that you get to know more about your students in order to be most helpful to them?
- Give me an example of how you can help our school and students?
- What do you consider the most frustrating part about being a teacher?
- Tell me how you get your classroom ready for the first day of school.
- How do you evaluate your students? Can you give me an example?
- How would you describe your style of teaching?
- What do you consider the biggest challenge that students face in this day and age?
Learn more about questions to ask the interviewer during your job interview.