Dancer or Choreographer Interview Questions & Answers
Dancers and choreographers use dance performances to express ideas and stories.
Interviewers look for candidates that demonstrate excellent skills such as:
In this blog, we discuss commonly asked interview questions during job interviews for Dancer or Choreographer positions. We also discuss the qualities that interviewers look for in successful candidates. In other words, we’re here to help you out!
Skills Interviewers Look For In Successful Candidates
Below we discuss the skills you can highlight in your answers to demonstrate that you’re qualified for the job.
Why interviewers are interested in your athleticism:
Successful dancers must have excellent balance, physical strength, and physical dexterity so that they can move their bodies without falling or losing their sense of rhythm.
Related: What Does an NFL Cheerleader Do?
Why interviewers are interested in your creativity:
Dancers need artistic ability and creativity to express ideas through movement. Choreographers also must have artistic ability and innovative ideas, to create new and interesting dance routines.
Related: Dancer Interview Questions & Answers
Why interviewers are interested in your leadership skills:
Choreographers must be able to direct a group of dancers to perform the routines that they have created.
Why interviewers are interested in your persistence:
Dancers must commit to years of intense practice. They need to be able to accept rejection after auditions and to continue to practice for future performances. Choreographers must keep studying and creating new routines.
Why interviewers are interested in your physical stamina:
Dancers are often physically active for long periods, so they must be able to rehearse for many hours without getting tired.
Why interviewers are interested in your teamwork skills:
Most dance routines involve a group or pairs, so dancers must be able to work together to be successful.
Dancer or Choreographer Job Interview Questions & Answers
During a job interview, the hiring manager wants to discuss several things. Think of your:
- Employment history
- Skills and abilities
- Job qualifications
- Educational background
- Career goals
Below you find a list of commonly asked interview questions.
Examples Of General Dancer or Choreographer Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What interests you about this position?
- Walk me through your resume.
- What motivates you?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Describe your work ethic.
- What is your greatest strength?
- How does your experience qualify you for this job?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a challenging work situation and how you overcame it.
- What are your expectations for this position?
- What are your career goals?
- Why should we hire you?
- What did you like most about your last position?
- What did you like least about your last position?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
Examples Of Specific Dancer or Choreographer Behavioral Interview Questions
- What have you done to improve your dance or choreography skills last year?
- How would you describe your style of dancing or choreography?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of as a dancer or choreographer?
- What actions do you take before you develop a dance routine?
- How well do you perform under pressure? Can you give me an example?
- Do you think teamwork is important for a dancer or choreographer? Why? Can you give an example of a successful teamwork experience?
- What do you consider the best dance routine you have ever seen? What makes it so great?
- Describe the skills that you have learned as a dancer that make you a great choreographer?
- How would you describe your work ethic as a dancer or choreographer?
- Tell me about a time you failed. What happened, and why?