Automotive Body & Glass Repairer Interview Questions & Answers
Automotive body and glass repairers restore, refinish, and replace vehicle bodies and frames, windshields, and window glass.
Interviewers look for candidates that demonstrate excellent skills such as:
- Customer service skills
- Time management skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Physical strength
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical skills
In this blog, we discuss commonly asked interview questions during job interviews for Automotive Body & Glass Repairer positions. We also discuss the qualities that interviewers look for in successful candidates. In other words, we’re here to help you out!
Skills Interviewers Look For In Successful Candidates
Below we discuss the skills you can highlight in your answers to demonstrate that you’re qualified for the job.
Why interviewers are interested in your critical-thinking skills:
Automotive body and glass repairers evaluate vehicle damage and determine necessary repair strategies. In some cases, they must decide if a vehicle is “totaled” or too damaged to justify the cost of repair.
Why interviewers are interested in your customer-service skills:
Automotive body and glass repairers discuss auto body and glass problems, along with options to fix them, with customers. Workers must be courteous, good listeners, and ready to answer customers’ questions.
Attention to detail
Why interviewers are interested in your attention to detail:
Automotive body and glass repairers must pay close attention to detail. Restoring a damaged auto body or windshield requires workers to have a keen eye for even the smallest imperfection.
Why interviewers are interested in your dexterity:
Automotive body repairers’ tasks, such as removing door panels, hammering out dents, and using hand tools to install parts, require a steady hand and good hand-eye coordination.
Why interviewers are interested in your mechanical skills:
Automotive body repairers must know which diagnostic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and other power equipment and tools are appropriate for certain procedures and repairs. They must know how to apply the correct techniques and methods necessary to repair automobiles.
Why interviewers are interested in your physical strength:
Automotive body and glass repairers must sometimes lift heavy parts, such as door panels and windshields.
Why interviewers are interested in your time-management skills:
Automotive body and glass repairers must be timely in their repairs. For many people, their automobile is their primary mode of transportation.
Automotive Body & Glass Repairer Job Interview Questions & Answers
During a job interview, the hiring manager wants to discuss several things. Think of your:
- Employment history
- Skills and abilities
- Job qualifications
- Educational background
- Career goals
Below you find a list of commonly asked interview questions.
Examples Of General Automotive Body & Glass Repairer Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What interests you about this position?
- Walk me through your resume.
- What motivates you?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Describe your work ethic.
- What is your greatest strength?
- How does your experience qualify you for this job?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a challenging work situation and how you overcame it.
- What are your expectations for this position?
- What are your career goals?
- Why should we hire you?
- What did you like most about your last position?
- What did you like least about your last position?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
Examples Of Specific Automotive Body & Glass Repairer Behavioral Interview Questions
- What do you consider your specialty as an automotive body repairer (or glass repairer)?
- Are you able to perform well under pressure? Can you give me an example?
- Tell me about a time you thought outside of the box to solve a problem.
- Under which circumstances would you repair a windshield instead of replacing it? Can you give me an example?
- Describe a time you had to deal with an unhappy or angry customer. What happened and how did you solve it? What did you learn from it?
- Is there any repair or modification that you would refuse to do? If so, why?
- How would you rate your customer service skills? Can you give me an example of a time you provided excellent customer service?
- Describe a rewarding teamwork experience. What made it rewarding? What was your role?
- Can you describe the most challenging project you have worked on? What made it such a challenge?
- What methods do you use to overcome difficulties when you’re working on a body or glass repair?