Administrative Services Manager Interview Questions & Answers
Administrative services managers, also called office managers or administrative managers, plan, direct, and coordinate activities that help an organization run efficiently.
Interviewers look for candidates that demonstrate excellent skills such as:
In this blog, we discuss commonly asked interview questions during job interviews for Administrative Services Manager positions. We also discuss the qualities that interviewers look for in successful candidates. In other words, we’re here to help you out!
Skills Interviewers Look For In Successful Candidates
Below we discuss the skills you can highlight in your answers to demonstrate that you’re qualified for the job.
Why interviewers are interested in your analytical skills:
Administrative Services and facilities managers must be able to review an organization’s procedures for ways to improve efficiency.
Why interviewers are interested in your communication skills:
Administrative Services and facilities managers often work with others. They must be able to convey ideas clearly, both orally and in writing.
Attention to detail
Why interviewers are interested in your attention to detail:
Administrative Services and facilities managers must pay attention to details across a range of tasks, such as ensuring that the organization complies with building codes and managing the process of buying equipment.
Why interviewers are interested in your leadership skills:
In directing workers and coordinating organizational duties, administrative services and facilities managers must be able to motivate employees and handle problems that arise.
Administrative Services Manager Job Interview Questions & Answers
During a job interview, the hiring manager wants to discuss several things. Think of your:
- Employment history
- Skills and abilities
- Job qualifications
- Educational background
- Career goals
Below you find a list of commonly asked interview questions.
Examples Of General Administrative Services Manager Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What interests you about this position?
- Walk me through your resume.
- What motivates you?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Describe your work ethic.
- What is your greatest strength?
- How does your experience qualify you for this job?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a challenging work situation and how you overcame it.
- What are your expectations for this position?
- What are your career goals?
- Why should we hire you?
- What did you like most about your last position?
- What did you like least about your last position?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
Examples Of Specific Administrative Services Manager Behavioral Interview Questions
- Which skills do you think are essential for an administrative services manager? Tell me how you use these skills in your work.
- What do you consider the most challenging aspect of working as an office manager? Why?
- How would you describe your leadership style as a manager? Can you give me an example?
- Give me an example of how you manage and motivate different personalities on your team.
- Tell me how you handle confidential files with information about clients and employees?
- Walk me through how you plan, organize, and prioritize your workdays as an administrative services manager.
- What additional training or education could help you become better in your work? Why?
- Give me an example of a time you had to perform under pressure. How did you deal with it?
- Who would you approach, and what information would you gather if you needed to prepare a report with annual expenses per department?
- Give me an example of a time you had to inform employees about a change in an administrative process.