Barber, Hairstylist & Cosmetologist Interview Questions & Answers
Barbers, hairstylists, hairdressers, and cosmetologists provide haircutting, hairstyling, and a range of other beauty services.
Interviewers look for candidates that demonstrate excellent skills such as:
- Customer service skills
- Time management skills
- Listening skills
- Physical stamina
In this blog, we discuss commonly asked interview questions during job interviews for Barber, Hairstylist & Cosmetologist positions. We also discuss the qualities that interviewers look for in successful candidates. In other words, we’re here to help you out!
Skills Interviewers Look For In Successful Candidates
Below we discuss the skills you can highlight in your answers to demonstrate that you’re qualified for the job.
Why interviewers are interested in your creativity:
Barbers, hairstylists, and cosmetologists must keep up with the latest trends and be ready to try new hairstyles for their clients.
Related: What Does a Hair Braider Do?
Why interviewers are interested in your customer-service skills:
Workers must be pleasant, friendly, and able to interact with customers in order to retain clients.
Why interviewers are interested in your listening skills:
Barbers, hairstylists, and cosmetologists should be good listeners. They must listen carefully to what the client wants in order to make sure that the client is happy with the result.
Why interviewers are interested in your physical stamina:
Barbers, hairstylists, and cosmetologists must be able to stand on their feet for long periods.
Related: What Does a Lash Technician Do?
Why interviewers are interested in your tidiness:
Workers must keep a neat personal appearance and keep their work area clean and sanitary. This requirement is necessary for their clients’ health and safety and for making clients comfortable enough so that they will want to return.
Related: What Does a Facial Specialist Do?
Why interviewers are interested in your time-management skills:
Barbers, hairstylists, and cosmetologists need to manage their time efficiently when scheduling appointments and providing services. For example, routine haircuts do not require the precise timing of some other services, such as applying a neutralizer after a permanent wave. Clients who receive timely hair care are more likely to return.
Barber, Hairstylist & Cosmetologist Job Interview Questions & Answers
During a job interview, the hiring manager wants to discuss several things. Think of your:
- Employment history
- Skills and abilities
- Job qualifications
- Educational background
- Career goals
Below you find a list of commonly asked interview questions.
Examples Of General Barber, Hairstylist & Cosmetologist Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What interests you about this position?
- Walk me through your resume.
- What motivates you?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Describe your work ethic.
- What is your greatest strength?
- How does your experience qualify you for this job?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a challenging work situation and how you overcame it.
- What are your expectations for this position?
- What are your career goals?
- Why should we hire you?
- What did you like most about your last position?
- What did you like least about your last position?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
Examples Of Specific Barber, Hairstylist & Cosmetologist Behavioral Interview Questions
- What is your approach to keeping your workplace clean and sanitized? Can you give me an example?
- Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you resolve the situation?
- How would you rate your time-management skills? Give me an example of how you plan and organize your workdays.
- Give me an example of how you consult a customer on adopting a new hairstyle.
- If a client insists on a specific style that you know will suit him or her, how would you convince them to change their mind?
- A customer comes in with damaged hair from excessive dyeing. What would you recommend them to do?
- Described a time a customer was dissatisfied with your service. How did you respond to the criticism? How did you resolve the situation?
- What do you do to keep up with the latest trends and developments in the beauty industry?
- Tell me how you make recommendations on hair products based on the needs of a client. Can you give me an example?
- What would you do if a customer has an allergic reaction to the dye used in their hair?