Quality Control Inspector Interview Questions & Answers
Quality control inspectors, also called quality inspectors, examine products and materials for defects or deviations from specifications.
Interviewers look for candidates that demonstrate excellent skills such as:
- Technical skills
- Mechanical skills
- Physical stamina
- Math skills
- Physical strength
In this blog, we discuss commonly asked interview questions during job interviews for Quality Control Inspector positions. We also discuss the qualities that interviewers look for in successful candidates. In other words, we’re here to help you out!
Also, read more about frequently asked job interview questions here and check our job interview preparation checklist.
Skills Interviewers Look For In Successful Candidates
Below we discuss the skills you can highlight in your answers to demonstrate that you’re qualified for the job.
Why interviewers are interested in your dexterity:
Quality control inspectors must quickly remove sample parts or products during the manufacturing process.
Why interviewers are interested in your math skills:
Knowledge of basic math and computer skills are important because measuring, calibrating, and calculating specifications are major parts of quality control testing.
Why interviewers are interested in your mechanical skills:
Quality control inspectors use specialized tools and machinery when testing products.
Why interviewers are interested in your physical stamina:
Quality control inspectors must stand for long periods on the job.
Related: What Does an Assembly Line Worker Do?
Why interviewers are interested in your physical strength:
Because workers sometimes lift heavy objects, inspectors should be in good physical condition.
Related: What Does an Inspection Engineer Do?
Why interviewers are interested in your technical skills:
Quality control inspectors must understand blueprints, technical documents, and manuals, which help ensure that products and parts meet quality standards.
Quality Control Inspector Job Interview Questions & Answers
During a job interview, the hiring manager wants to discuss several things. Think of your:
- Employment history
- Skills and abilities
- Job qualifications
- Educational background
- Career goals
Below you find a list of commonly asked interview questions.
Examples Of General Quality Control Inspector Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What interests you about this position?
- Walk me through your resume.
- What motivates you?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Describe your work ethic.
- What is your greatest strength?
- How does your experience qualify you for this job?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a challenging work situation and how you overcame it.
- What are your expectations for this position?
- What are your career goals?
- Why should we hire you?
- What did you like most about your last position?
- What did you like least about your last position?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
Learn how to answer these common job interview questions!
Examples Of Specific Quality Control Inspector Behavioral Interview Questions
Learn more about answering behavioral interview questions by using the STAR interview technique.
- Walk me through your approach of examining products and materials for defects or deviations.
- Give me an example of a rewarding teamwork experience. What was your contribution to the team?
- Tell me about a time you had to work under pressure. How did you deal with the situation?
- Which quality control software do you prefer to use? Why? What are its benefits?
- Tell me more about the quality control tools you are experienced in using.
- Which additional training and development could help you become a better quality control inspector? Why?
- Walk me through the different steps or processes that you include in a quality control procedure.
- Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision as a quality control inspector.
- Which skills do you think are essential for a quality control inspector? How do you use these skills in your work?
- What is the most challenging quality control project you have worked on?
Learn more about questions to ask the interviewer during your job interview.