Security Guard & Gaming Surveillance Officer Interview Questions & Answers
Security guards and gaming surveillance officers patrol and protect property from illegal activity.
Interviewers look for candidates that demonstrate excellent skills such as:
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Observation skills
- Interpersonal skills
In this blog, we discuss commonly asked interview questions during job interviews for Security Guard & Gaming Surveillance Officer positions. We also discuss the qualities that interviewers look for in successful candidates. In other words, we’re here to help you out!
Also, read more about frequently asked job interview questions here and check our job interview preparation checklist.
Skills Interviewers Look For In Successful Candidates
Below we discuss the skills you can highlight in your answers to demonstrate that you’re qualified for the job.
Why interviewers are interested in your communication skills:
Security guards and surveillance officers must communicate effectively with others, even in stressful situations.
Learn more about communication interview questions and how to answer them!
Why interviewers are interested in your interpersonal skills:
Security guards often regularly interact with the public; in addition, they must be able to handle and deescalate confrontational situations.
Why interviewers are interested in your observation skills:
Security guards and surveillance officers must be alert and aware of their surroundings and be able to quickly recognize anything out of the ordinary.
Related: What Does a Bouncer Do?
Why interviewers are interested in your problem-solving skills:
Security guards and surveillance officers must be able to quickly determine the best course of action when a dangerous situation arises.
Learn more about problem-solving interview questions and how to answer them!
Security Guard & Gaming Surveillance Officer Job Interview Questions & Answers
During a job interview, the hiring manager wants to discuss several things. Think of your:
- Employment history
- Skills and abilities
- Job qualifications
- Educational background
- Career goals
Below you find a list of commonly asked interview questions.
Examples Of General Security Guard & Gaming Surveillance Officer Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What interests you about this position?
- Walk me through your resume.
- What motivates you?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Describe your work ethic.
- What is your greatest strength?
- How does your experience qualify you for this job?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a challenging work situation and how you overcame it.
- What are your expectations for this position?
- What are your career goals?
- Why should we hire you?
- What did you like most about your last position?
- What did you like least about your last position?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
Learn how to answer these common job interview questions!
Examples Of Specific Security Guard & Gaming Surveillance Officer Behavioral Interview Questions
Learn more about answering behavioral interview questions by using the STAR interview technique.
- Describe a time you quickly had to make a decision as a security guard (or gaming surveillance officer).
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with a potentially dangerous situation in your work. How did you handle the situation?
- Explain to me how you assess the potential danger of a person by their appearance and body language.
- Walk me through your experience in using surveillance systems or other tools. Which tools do you prefer?
- Tell me about a recent successful teamwork experience. What was your contribution?
- What strategies do you use to diffuse tense situations at work? Can you give me an example?
- How would you handle incidents such as vandalism or theft? Can you give me an example?
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with an aggressive or angry. How did you handle the situation?
- What is your physical condition? How do you stay fit for the job?
- How do you stay motivated during quiet periods? Can you give me an example?
Learn more about questions to ask the interviewer during your job interview.