Real Estate Broker & Sales Agent Interview Questions & Answers
Real estate brokers and sales agents help clients buy, sell, and rent properties.
Interviewers look for candidates that demonstrate excellent skills such as:
In this blog, we discuss commonly asked interview questions during job interviews for Real Estate Broker & Sales Agent positions. We also discuss the qualities that interviewers look for in successful candidates. In other words, we’re here to help you out!
Skills Interviewers Look For In Successful Candidates
Below we discuss the skills you can highlight in your answers to demonstrate that you’re qualified for the job.
Why interviewers are interested in your business skills:
Because most brokers are self-employed, they must manage every aspect of their business. This task includes reaching out to prospective clients, handling their finances, and advertising their services.
Related: What Does a Leasing Specialist Do?
Why interviewers are interested in your interpersonal skills:
Strong interpersonal skills are essential for real estate brokers and sales agents because they spend much of their time interacting with clients and customers. To attract and keep clients, they must be pleasant, enthusiastic, and trustworthy.
Related: What Does a Resident Manager Do?
Why interviewers are interested in your organizational skills:
Real estate brokers and sales agents must be able to work independently, managing their own time and organizing, planning, and prioritizing their work.
Why interviewers are interested in your problem-solving skills:
Real estate brokers and sales agents need to be able to quickly (sometimes immediately) address concerns clients or potential customers may have with a property. They also mediate negotiations between seller and buyer.
Real Estate Broker & Sales Agent Job Interview Questions & Answers
During a job interview, the hiring manager wants to discuss several things. Think of your:
- Employment history
- Skills and abilities
- Job qualifications
- Educational background
- Career goals
Below you find a list of commonly asked interview questions.
Examples Of General Real Estate Broker & Sales Agent Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What interests you about this position?
- Walk me through your resume.
- What motivates you?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Describe your work ethic.
- What is your greatest strength?
- How does your experience qualify you for this job?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a challenging work situation and how you overcame it.
- What are your expectations for this position?
- What are your career goals?
- Why should we hire you?
- What did you like most about your last position?
- What did you like least about your last position?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
Examples Of Specific Real Estate Broker & Sales Agent Behavioral Interview Questions
- What accomplishment are you most proud of as a real estate broker (or sales agent)? Why?
- Can you give me an example of how you plan, organize, and prioritize your workdays as a real estate broker (or sales agent)?
- Describe a time you had to deal with an unsatisfied client. What happened. How did you deal with the situation?
- What do you consider the most important resources buyers should be using in their buying process?
- Tell me about a time you made a mistake at work. What happened? How did you fix it? What did you learn from it?
- Give me an example of a situation that demonstrates your ability to manage time effectively.
- What is your approach to building a relationship with a broker, investor, owner, or tenant? Can you give me an example of how you do this effectively?
- Walk me through the process of helping a new client buy, sell, or rent a property. Where do you start? How do you build trust?
- Describe your most successful property listing. Can you tell me what factors contributed to its success?
- Tell me about your favorite selling experience as a real estate broker (or sales agent).