Flight Attendant Interview Questions & Answers
Flight attendants are part of the cabin crew. A flight attendant provides routine services and responds to emergencies to ensure airline passengers’ safety and comfort.
Interviewers look for candidates that demonstrate excellent skills such as:
In this blog, we discuss commonly asked interview questions during job interviews for Flight Attendant positions. We also discuss the qualities that interviewers look for in successful candidates. In other words, we’re here to help you out!
Skills Interviewers Look For In Successful Candidates
Below we discuss the skills you can highlight in your answers to demonstrate that you’re qualified for the job.
Why interviewers are interested in your attentiveness:
Flight attendants must be aware of any security or safety risks during the flight. They also must be attentive to passengers’ needs in order to ensure a pleasant travel experience.
Related: What Does a Cabin Service Agent Do?
Why interviewers are interested in your communication skills:
Flight attendants should speak clearly, listen attentively, and interact effectively with passengers and other crewmembers.
Why interviewers are interested in your customer-service skills:
Flight attendants should have poise, tact, and resourcefulness to handle stressful situations and address passengers’ needs.
Why interviewers are interested in your decision-making skills:
Flight attendants must be able to act decisively in emergencies.
Why interviewers are interested in your physical stamina:
Flight attendants push, pull, and carry service items, open and close overhead buns, and stand and walk for long periods.
Flight Attendant Job Interview Questions & Answers
During a job interview, the hiring manager wants to discuss several things. Think of your:
- Employment history
- Skills and abilities
- Job qualifications
- Educational background
- Career goals
Below you find a list of commonly asked interview questions.
Examples Of General Flight Attendant Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What interests you about this position?
- Walk me through your resume.
- What motivates you?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Describe your work ethic.
- What is your greatest strength?
- How does your experience qualify you for this job?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a challenging work situation and how you overcame it.
- What are your expectations for this position?
- What are your career goals?
- Why should we hire you?
- What did you like most about your last position?
- What did you like least about your last position?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
Examples Of Specific Flight Attendant Behavioral Interview Questions
- Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to satisfy a passenger.
- Which skills do you think are important for a flight attendant? How do you use these skills in your work?
- How would you rate your stress management skills? Can you give me an example of a time you had to work under pressure?
- Describe a successful and rewarding teamwork experience. What was your contribution?
- How would you define excellent customer service? Can you give me an example of a time you delivered excellent customer service?
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry or upset customer. How did you deal with the situation?
- How do you prioritize your work when you have multiple tasks to do? Can you give me an example?
- What are the first steps you take when there is an emergency situation while being in the air?
- How would you deal with a passenger who refuses to comply with your instructions? Can you give me an example?
- How would you calm down a passenger who starts to panic while flying?