Are you looking for more information about an Extended Stay America application? This article discusses everything you need to know about the Extended Stay America application process.
What Does Extended Stay America Do?
Extended Stay America is a hospitality company that specializes in providing affordable, extended-stay accommodations. They operate a chain of hotels across the United States designed to cater to the needs of travelers requiring longer-term lodging. These accommodations are equipped with amenities like fully-equipped kitchens, workspace areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi, making them ideal for business travelers, relocating professionals, and individuals in transition.
Extended Stay America focuses on delivering comfortable and convenient stays for guests looking for extended durations, often at more budget-friendly rates compared to traditional hotels. Their services cater to those seeking a home-like experience away from home, offering a practical solution for extended stays.
Extended Stay America Job Application Process
When applying for a position at Extended Stay America, it’s important to be prepared for a thorough yet straightforward application process. Firstly, take your time to review the job listings on their website and select the role that aligns with your skills and career goals. Once you’ve identified a suitable position, carefully read through the job description and requirements to ensure you meet the qualifications.
When you’re ready to apply, you’ll typically find an online application form on their website. This form will ask for your personal information, work history, and education, and may include questions about your relevant skills and experience. Be sure to complete this section accurately and provide any additional requested documents, such as a resume and cover letter, to showcase your qualifications effectively.
After you submit your application, it’s advisable to keep an eye on your email for any correspondence from Extended Stay America regarding the status of your application or potential next steps. Remember, demonstrating your enthusiasm for the position and aligning your skills with the job requirements will increase your chances of success in the application process.
Extended Stay America Work Environment
To work at Extended Stay America, you typically need to be at least 18 years old. This age requirement is in line with legal employment standards in most states. It ensures that you have reached the legal working age and can be considered for positions within the company. Keep in mind that specific roles may have additional age or experience requirements, so it’s always a good idea to carefully review the job descriptions before applying.
Extended Stay America offers a range of positions across various departments to suit different skill sets and interests. These positions include roles in areas such as housekeeping, front desk operations, maintenance, management, and corporate support functions like finance, marketing, and human resources. Within each department, there are opportunities for entry-level positions as well as positions that require more specialized skills or experience.
Whether you’re interested in guest services, facilities management, or corporate administration, Extended Stay America provides a diverse array of roles for individuals looking to join their team.
Extended Stay America Company Culture
In terms of company culture, Extended Stay America emphasizes a guest-centric approach and a collaborative work environment. Team members are encouraged to provide exceptional customer service, ensuring that guests feel comfortable and valued during their stay. The company also places importance on open communication and teamwork, both within individual properties and across the organization as a whole.
Employees often find a supportive and inclusive atmosphere where their contributions are recognized and celebrated. Overall, Extended Stay America fosters a positive work environment that values both the guest experience and the well-being of its employees.
Extended Stay America Job Opportunities
here’s an overview of job opportunities at Extended Stay America, ranging from entry-level to senior positions, along with their typical requirements:
Guest Service Representative (Entry-Level):
- Responsibilities: Check-in/check-out guests, provide exceptional customer service, handle reservations, and assist with guest inquiries.
- Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent, excellent communication skills, customer service experience preferred.
Housekeeping Associate (Entry-Level):
- Responsibilities: Clean and maintain guest rooms and common areas, restock supplies, and ensure a clean and comfortable environment.
- Requirements: No formal education required, attention to detail, ability to perform physical tasks.
Maintenance Technician (Entry-Level to Mid-Level):
- Responsibilities: Perform routine maintenance tasks, address guestroom issues, and ensure the property is in good working order.
- Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent, basic maintenance skills, previous experience in a similar role preferred.
Front Desk Manager (Mid-Level):
- Responsibilities: Oversee front desk operations, train and manage staff, handle escalated guest issues, and ensure smooth check-in/check-out processes.
- Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent, several years of customer service experience, prior supervisory experience preferred.
General Manager (Senior-Level):
- Responsibilities: Manage all aspects of property operations, including budgeting, staff management, guest satisfaction, and revenue generation.
- Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or related field, extensive experience in hotel management, strong leadership skills.
Regional Director of Operations (Senior-Level):
- Responsibilities: Oversee multiple properties in a designated region, set operational standards, and drive revenue growth.
- Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or business management, significant experience in hotel management, proven track record in regional leadership.
Corporate Positions (Various Levels):
- Responsibilities: Positions in corporate offices may include roles in marketing, finance, human resources, and more, supporting the company’s operations.
- Requirements: Vary based on the specific role, but typically require relevant education and experience in the respective field.
Please note that these requirements are general guidelines, and specific qualifications may vary by location and individual job postings. Extended Stay America values candidates who are customer-focused, detail-oriented, and committed to delivering exceptional guest experiences.
When applying, carefully review the job listings for precise educational and experiential prerequisites for each role to ensure you meet the requirements.
Extended Stay America Employment and Salary Information
Here’s some information about the application process, the positions typically available at Extended Stay America, their responsibilities, and average earnings for each position:
- Online Application: Start by visiting Extended Stay America’s careers website and browse through the available job listings.
- Resume and Cover Letter: Prepare a tailored resume and cover letter highlighting your relevant skills and experiences. Be sure to include any certifications or qualifications required for the position.
- Application Submission: Fill out the online application form, attach your resume and cover letter, and submit your application.
- Interview: If your application matches the job requirements, you may be invited for an interview. Prepare for both behavioral and situational questions, showcasing your suitability for the role.
- Background Check and References: Expect a background check as part of the hiring process. Provide accurate references who can vouch for your qualifications and work history.
- Offer and Onboarding: If you’re selected, you’ll receive a job offer. Once accepted, you’ll undergo an onboarding process to familiarize yourself with the company’s policies and procedures.
Positions and Responsibilities:
- Guest Service Representative:
- Responsibilities: Check guests in and out, provide exceptional customer service, answer guest inquiries, and maintain a clean lobby area.
- Average Earnings: Approximately $11 – $13 per hour.
- Responsibilities: Clean and maintain guest rooms and common areas, restock supplies, and ensure a clean and welcoming environment for guests.
- Average Earnings: Around $10 – $12 per hour.
- Assistant General Manager:
- Responsibilities: Assist in managing daily hotel operations, supervise staff, handle guest issues, and help with budget management.
- Average Earnings: Typically between $40,000 – $50,000 annually.
- Sales Manager:
- Responsibilities: Develop and implement sales strategies, identify business opportunities, build client relationships, and meet revenue goals.
- Average Earnings: Approximately $50,000 – $70,000 annually, including bonuses and commissions.
- General Manager:
- Responsibilities: Oversee all aspects of hotel operations, including staff management, financial performance, guest satisfaction, and maintaining brand standards.
- Average Earnings: Typically between $60,000 – $80,000 annually, depending on experience and location.
- Regional Director of Operations:
- Responsibilities: Provide leadership and guidance to multiple properties, ensure operational excellence, and drive revenue growth.
- Average Earnings: In the range of $90,000 – $120,000 annually, with bonuses and incentives.
These salary ranges are approximate and can vary based on factors such as location, experience, and the specific property you work at. It’s important to research current job listings and consider factors like benefits and bonuses when evaluating compensation.
Extended Stay America Application Tips
Here are some tips to help you successfully apply for a position at Extended Stay America:
- Research and Tailor Your Application:
- Take the time to thoroughly research Extended Stay America, including their company values, mission, and the specific property you’re interested in.
- Customize your resume and cover letter to align with the position you’re applying for. Highlight relevant skills, experiences, and qualifications that demonstrate your suitability for the role.
- Highlight Customer Service Skills:
- Given the hospitality nature of Extended Stay America, emphasizing your customer service skills is crucial. Highlight any prior experience in roles that involve guest interactions, problem-solving, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Provide specific examples of situations where you’ve gone above and beyond to meet guest needs or resolve issues.
- Showcase Attention to Detail:
- Attention to detail is vital in the hospitality industry. Ensure your application materials are error-free and professional in appearance. This demonstrates your commitment to providing a high standard of service.
- Mention any experiences where precision and accuracy were essential, such as handling reservations or maintaining cleanliness and presentation standards.
- Emphasize Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Working well with others is a key aspect of success in any hospitality role. Highlight instances where you’ve effectively collaborated with team members in previous positions.
- Showcase your ability to communicate effectively, resolve conflicts, and contribute positively to a team-oriented work environment.
- Demonstrate Flexibility and Adaptability:
- The hospitality industry often requires employees to be adaptable to different situations and schedules. Highlight any experiences where you’ve demonstrated flexibility, such as handling unexpected situations or adjusting to changing work demands.
- Emphasize your willingness to take on different responsibilities and your ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment.
Remember, presenting yourself as a strong fit for the position and showcasing your enthusiasm for the company’s values and guest-centric approach will greatly increase your chances of success in the application process.
Benefits of working at Extended Stay America
Working at Extended Stay America offers you a range of valuable benefits that can enhance your career and overall job satisfaction. First and foremost, this company values work-life balance, which means you can enjoy a fulfilling career while also having time for your personal life. Additionally, Extended Stay America provides a supportive and inclusive work environment, fostering a sense of belonging and teamwork. Here are some specific benefits you can look forward to:
You’ll receive a competitive salary and potentially enjoy performance-based bonuses, ensuring that your hard work is rewarded.
Career Growth Opportunities:
Extended Stay America is committed to the development of its employees. You can access various training and development programs to enhance your skills and advance within the company.
Health and Wellness Benefits:
Your well-being matters here. You’ll have access to comprehensive health and wellness benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as wellness programs to help you stay healthy.
Achieving a healthy balance between work and personal life is made easier with flexible work arrangements and paid time off.
Enjoy special discounts on stays at Extended Stay America properties, making your vacations more affordable.
Diverse and Inclusive Culture:
The company celebrates diversity and fosters an inclusive workplace, where your unique perspectives and contributions are valued.
You’ll be part of a dynamic team environment that encourages collaboration and teamwork, helping you build valuable relationships in your career.
Extended Stay America has a strong presence in the hospitality industry, providing job stability and security in a growing field.