Are you looking for more information about a Old Chicago application? This article discusses everything you need to know about the Old Chicago application process.
What Does Old Chicago Do?
Old Chicago is a casual dining restaurant chain known for its focus on craft beer and handcrafted pizza. Established in 1976, Old Chicago offers a diverse menu featuring a variety of pizza styles, including Chicago-style deep-dish pizza, along with a range of pasta dishes, burgers, sandwiches, and appetizers. The restaurant often emphasizes its extensive selection of craft beers, showcasing a rotating tap list of local and regional brews.
Old Chicago is typically recognized for its comfortable and pub-like atmosphere with multiple TVs for sports enthusiasts. Careers at Old Chicago can encompass roles in food preparation, customer service, restaurant management, bartending, and corporate functions within the foodservice and hospitality industry, particularly in providing a relaxed and enjoyable dining experience with a focus on pizza and craft beer.
Old Chicago Job Application Process
When you’re considering a career with Old Chicago, it’s important to understand their job application process and what you can expect. To begin, visit the official Old Chicago website and explore the current job openings. Once you find a position that aligns with your skills and passion for the restaurant industry, you’ll need to complete an online application, typically including your resume and possibly a cover letter. Ensure that your application highlights your relevant experience in food service, hospitality, or related fields.
If your application stands out, you may be contacted for an initial interview, which can be in-person or conducted virtually, to discuss your background and interest in the role further. Depending on the position, you might go through additional interview rounds, skills assessments, and reference checks. Throughout the process, emphasize your commitment to providing a memorable dining experience, your teamwork skills, and your attention to detail.
Old Chicago values a passion for craft beer and good food, so make sure to showcase your enthusiasm for the industry. Stay positive and confident, and you’ll increase your chances of success in the Old Chicago job application process.
Old Chicago Work Environment
To work at Old Chicago, you typically need to be at least 18 years old, as this is a common age requirement in the restaurant and hospitality industry for various positions, especially those that involve serving alcohol. This age requirement is in place due to legal regulations and the responsibilities associated with working in an environment where alcohol is served. However, it’s essential to check the specific job listings or contact Old Chicago directly for precise information regarding age-related qualifications.
Old Chicago offers a variety of career opportunities within its restaurants. As you explore potential positions, you’ll find roles such as servers, bartenders, cooks, hosts/hostesses, dishwashers, and management positions such as assistant managers and general managers.
These roles are essential for providing a memorable dining experience for guests by serving a diverse menu of delicious food and a wide selection of craft beers. Whether you’re interested in culinary arts, customer service, bartending, or restaurant management, Old Chicago provides diverse career paths to match your skills and interests.
Old Chicago Company Culture
Old Chicago is known for its vibrant and friendly company culture. As a member of the Old Chicago team, you can expect to be part of an environment that values camaraderie, quality, and a commitment to offering a fun and enjoyable dining experience. The company often fosters a culture of inclusivity and enthusiasm, encouraging employees to embrace their passion for craft beer and share it with guests.
Old Chicago strongly emphasizes providing an extensive beer selection and a diverse menu of made-from-scratch dishes, which is reflected in the company’s culture. You’ll likely find a supportive and energetic workplace that promotes growth and learning, allowing you to excel in the restaurant industry. Joining Old Chicago means becoming part of a brand that celebrates good times, great food, and craft beer and encourages you to contribute to the satisfaction of both guests and your fellow team members.
Old Chicago Job Opportunities
Here are various job opportunities at Old Chicago, ranging from entry-level to senior positions, along with the job requirements for each role:
- Responsibilities: Greet and seat guests, manage reservations, and provide a welcoming atmosphere.
- Requirements: No formal education required. Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Responsibilities: Take orders, serve food and drinks, and ensure a positive dining experience for guests.
- Requirements: No formal education required. Previous serving experience is a plus.
Line Cook (Entry-Level):
- Responsibilities: Prepare and cook menu items, maintain kitchen cleanliness, and adhere to food safety guidelines.
- Requirements: No formal education required. Previous cooking or culinary experience is beneficial.
- Responsibilities: Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, maintain the bar area, and engage with customers.
- Requirements: No formal education required. Bartending experience and knowledge of drink recipes are preferred.
Shift Supervisor (Mid-Level):
- Responsibilities: Oversee daily restaurant operations, supervise staff, and ensure quality service.
- Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent. Previous supervisory or restaurant experience.
Assistant Manager (Mid-Level):
- Responsibilities: Assist in managing the restaurant, including staff supervision, inventory control, and customer satisfaction.
- Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent. Previous restaurant management experience preferred.
General Manager (Mid-Level to Senior Level):
- Responsibilities: Lead overall restaurant management, including financial performance, staff development, and guest relations.
- Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field. Several years of restaurant management experience.
Corporate Trainer (Mid-Level):
- Responsibilities: Train new employees on company policies, procedures, and service standards to ensure consistency.
- Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent. Previous training experience in the restaurant industry.
When applying for positions at Old Chicago, carefully review the job requirements and tailor your application to emphasize your relevant skills and experience. Highlight your ability to provide excellent customer service, work effectively in a fast-paced restaurant environment, and contribute positively to the team’s success. For mid-level and senior positions, showcase your leadership, management, and restaurant industry experience.
Old Chicago Employment and Salary Information
Here’s some guidance on applying for a position at Old Chicago, the positions they typically hire for, their associated responsibilities, and the average earnings for each role:
Application Process at Old Chicago:
When you’re applying for a position at Old Chicago, it’s important to follow these steps:
- Visit a Nearby Old Chicago Location: Begin by visiting an Old Chicago restaurant in your area. Introduce yourself to the manager or a staff member, express your interest in joining the team, and inquire about any current job openings.
- Submit a Resume: Prepare a resume that highlights your relevant skills and experiences, particularly in the restaurant or hospitality industry. Include any certifications or training related to food service.
- Online Application: Check the Old Chicago website for any online job postings. Fill out the online application form with your personal and professional details, and upload your resume.
- Interview: If there’s a suitable opening, you may be invited for an interview. Be prepared to discuss your experience in the restaurant industry, your dedication to providing excellent customer service, and your ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Dress Neatly and Professionally: When you visit the restaurant and attend the interview, make sure to dress in a neat and professional manner. This demonstrates your commitment to providing quality service.
Positions at Old Chicago and Their Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities: Taking customer orders, serving food and beverages, providing attentive service, and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Average Salary: Servers at Old Chicago typically earn around $5 to $10 per hour, plus tips.
- Responsibilities: Mixing and serving alcoholic beverages, providing excellent customer service at the bar, and ensuring responsible alcohol service.
- Average Salary: Bartenders at Old Chicago typically earn around $8 to $12 per hour, plus tips.
- Line Cook:
- Responsibilities: Preparing and cooking menu items, following recipes and food safety guidelines, and maintaining a clean and organized kitchen area.
- Average Salary: Line cooks at Old Chicago can earn an average of $12 to $15 per hour.
- Responsibilities: Greeting guests, managing reservations, and ensuring a smooth flow of service by coordinating between the dining and kitchen areas.
- Average Salary: Hosts/hostesses at Old Chicago typically earn around $9 to $12 per hour.
- Assistant Manager:
- Responsibilities: Assisting the general manager in daily operations, including staff supervision, inventory management, and ensuring quality service.
- Average Salary: Assistant managers at Old Chicago typically earn around $30,000 to $35,000 per year, depending on experience and location.
- General Manager:
- Responsibilities: Overseeing all aspects of restaurant operations, including staff management, inventory control, financial management, and ensuring excellent customer service.
- Average Salary: General managers at Old Chicago can earn an average of $45,000 to $55,000 per year, depending on experience and location.
Remember to highlight any relevant skills and experiences related to the position you’re applying for. Tailoring your application materials to align with Old Chicago’s commitment to quality food and a warm atmosphere will significantly increase your chances of success.
Old Chicago Application Tips
When applying for a position at Old Chicago, it’s crucial to present yourself as a strong and enthusiastic candidate in the restaurant and hospitality industry. Here are some valuable tips to help you successfully navigate the application process:
- Thorough Research and Resume Customization:
- Begin by conducting thorough research on Old Chicago, understanding their menu, values, and commitment to providing a unique dining experience.
- Customize your resume to highlight skills and experiences relevant to the specific position you’re interested in, whether it’s in culinary, bartending, serving, management, or corporate roles.
- Emphasize any prior experience you have in the restaurant or hospitality industry, particularly if it relates to food and beverage service, customer interactions, team leadership, or restaurant management.
- Precise Application Submission:
- Complete the online application form with precision, ensuring that all required fields are filled out accurately.
- Create a well-crafted cover letter that not only expresses your passion for the restaurant industry but also emphasizes your enthusiasm to contribute to Old Chicago’s mission of providing great food and a fun dining atmosphere.
- Carefully proofread your application materials to eliminate errors or typos, as they can impact the perception of your professionalism.
- Networking and Referrals:
- Connect with current or former Old Chicago employees on professional platforms like LinkedIn to gain insights into the company culture and potentially secure a referral.
- Attend restaurant industry events, job fairs, or expos where Old Chicago recruiters may be present, providing opportunities to make a positive impression.
- Don’t hesitate to reach out to Old Chicago’s HR or recruitment team if you have any questions or need clarification about the application process.
- Interview Preparation:
- Practice common interview questions and develop articulate responses that highlight your knowledge of the restaurant industry, your customer service skills, and your ability to create a memorable dining experience.
- Familiarize yourself with Old Chicago’s menu offerings, beverage selections, and commitment to providing guests with a fun and welcoming dining atmosphere to demonstrate your knowledge during the interview.
- Dress professionally and arrive punctually for in-person interviews or maintain a polished and engaging presence during virtual interviews.
- Effective Follow-Up and Patience:
- After the interview, send a thank-you email expressing your gratitude for the opportunity and reiterating your excitement about joining the Old Chicago team.
- Be patient while waiting for a response from Old Chicago, as the hiring process in the restaurant industry may take some time.
- Maintain a positive and persistent attitude throughout the application process, showcasing your genuine interest in contributing to Old Chicago’s reputation for great food and a fun dining experience.
By following these tips and demonstrating your passion for the restaurant and hospitality industry, along with your commitment to Old Chicago’s mission of providing exceptional food and a fun dining atmosphere, you can significantly enhance your chances of successfully securing a position with the brand, known for its quality dining and enjoyable atmosphere.
Benefits of working at Old Chicago
Working at Old Chicago can be an exciting and rewarding career choice, offering a variety of benefits tailored to your personal and professional growth in the restaurant and hospitality industry. When you decide to join the Old Chicago team, you’ll discover several advantages that make it an appealing option for your career. Here are some key benefits you can expect to enjoy:
Vibrant Work Environment:
At Old Chicago, you’ll thrive in a lively and energetic work atmosphere. The restaurant’s unique ambiance and the dynamic team create an environment that’s both enjoyable and motivating.
Career Growth Opportunities:
Your professional development is a priority at Old Chicago. With a commitment to internal promotions and ongoing training programs, you’ll find ample opportunities to advance your career within the company.
Working at Old Chicago means being part of a collaborative team. The emphasis on teamwork fosters a supportive and inclusive workplace where everyone’s contributions are valued.
Enjoy the perks of delicious food and beverages at a discount. As an Old Chicago team member, you’ll have access to special discounts on the diverse menu offerings.
Old Chicago understands the importance of work-life balance. Benefit from flexible scheduling options that accommodate your personal commitments and preferences.
Whether you’re a seasoned professional or just starting in the industry, Old Chicago provides ongoing training to enhance your skills. From customer service to culinary expertise, there’s always room to grow.
Diverse and Inclusive Culture:
Old Chicago values diversity and inclusion. Join a team that celebrates differences and promotes a culture where everyone feels welcome and appreciated.
Employee Recognition Programs:
Your hard work doesn’t go unnoticed. Old Chicago has employee recognition programs in place to acknowledge and reward outstanding contributions, fostering a sense of pride and accomplishment.
Health and Wellness Benefits:
Your well-being is important. Old Chicago offers health and wellness benefits to support your physical and mental health, ensuring you have the resources you need to thrive.
Connect with a diverse group of professionals within the restaurant industry. Old Chicago’s network can open doors to valuable connections and opportunities throughout your career.
Choosing a career with Old Chicago offers you the opportunity to gain culinary experience, enjoy dining discounts, advance in your career, engage with guests looking for a unique dining experience, maintain work-life balance, collaborate with a dedicated team, and receive recognition for your contributions. It’s an attractive option for those looking to build a fulfilling and flavorful career in the restaurant and hospitality industry.