Pest Control Worker Interview Questions & Answers
Pest control workers remove unwanted pests that infest buildings and surrounding areas.
Interviewers look for candidates who demonstrate excellent skills such as:
- Customer-service skills
- Bookkeeping skills
- Attention to detail
- Physical stamina
In this blog, we discuss commonly asked interview questions during job interviews for pest control worker positions. We also discuss the qualities that interviewers look for in successful candidates. In other words, we’re here to help you out!
Skills Interviewers Look For In Successful Candidates
Below we discuss the skills that you can highlight in your answers to demonstrate that you’re qualified for the job.
Why the interviewer is interested in your bookkeeping skills:
Pest control workers must keep accurate records of the hours they work, chemicals they use, and payments they collect. Self-employed workers, in particular, need these skills in order to run their business.
Why the interviewer is interested in your customer-service skills:
Pest control workers should be friendly and polite when they interact with customers at their homes or businesses.
Attention to detail
Why the interviewer is interested in your attention to detail:
Because pest control workers apply pesticides, they need to be able to follow instructions carefully in order to prevent harm to residents, pets, the environment, and themselves.
Why the interviewer is interested in your physical stamina:
Pest control workers may spend hours on their feet, often crouching, kneeling, and crawling. They also must be able to withstand uncomfortable conditions, such as heat when they climb into attics in the summertime and cold when they enter crawl spaces during winter.
Pest Control Worker Job Interview Questions & Answers
During a job interview, the hiring manager wants to discuss several things. Think of your:
- Employment history
- Skills and abilities
- Job qualifications
- Educational background
- Career goals
Below you find a list of commonly asked interview questions.
Examples Of General Pest Control Worker Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What interests you about this position?
- Walk me through your resume.
- What motivates you?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Describe your work ethic.
- What is your greatest strength?
- How does your experience qualify you for this job?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a challenging work situation and how you overcame it.
- What are your expectations for this position?
- What are your career goals?
- Why should we hire you?
- What did you like most about your last position?
- What did you like least about your last position?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
Examples Of Specific Pest Control Worker Behavioral Interview Questions
- What do you consider the most dangerous aspect of your work?
- Tell me about the most challenging project you have worked on as a pest control worker? How did you handle it?
- Walk me through how you decide which treatment to use on a project.
- Tell me how you determine how much pesticide to use on infested locations?
- What precautions do you take when performing pest control services?
- Tell me how you plan, organize, and prioritize your work.
- What actions do you take if you encounter a situation that you do not know how to handle?
- How are your customer service skills? Can you give me an example?
- What factors would you consider when selecting pesticides on a location?
- Tell me about your work experience working on ‘X’ (insert required work experience).
- Describe a time you had to deal with an upset customer.
- Is there anything that will keep you from working on weekends or at night?
- Are you certified as a pesticide applicator? If not, are you planning to be?
- What qualities do you have that will help you on the job?
- How do you make sure your knowledge stays up to date?