Clinical Laboratory Technologist & Technician Interview Questions & Answers
Clinical laboratory technologists and technicians collect samples and perform tests to analyze body fluids, tissue, and other substances.
Interviewers look for candidates that demonstrate excellent skills such as:
- Attention to detail
- Physica stamina
- Ability to use technology
In this blog, we discuss commonly asked interview questions during job interviews for Clinical Laboratory Technologist & Technician positions. We also discuss the qualities that interviewers look for in successful candidates. In other words, we’re here to help you out!
Also, read more about frequently asked job interview questions here and check our job interview preparation checklist.
Skills Interviewers Look For In Successful Candidates
Below we discuss the skills you can highlight in your answers to demonstrate that you’re qualified for the job.
Ability to use technology
Why interviewers are interested in your ability to use technology:
Clinical laboratory technologists and technicians must understand how to operate computerized lab equipment.
Attention to detail
Why interviewers are interested in your attention to detail:
Clinical laboratory technologists and technicians must follow exact instructions in order to perform tests or procedures correctly.
Why interviewers are interested in your dexterity:
Clinical laboratory technologists and technicians need to be skilled with their hands. They work closely with needles and precision laboratory instruments and must handle these tools effectively.
Why interviewers are interested in your physical stamina:
Clinical laboratory technologists and technicians may work on their feet for long periods while collecting samples. They may need to lift or turn disabled patients to collect samples for testing.
Clinical Laboratory Technologist & Technician Job Interview Questions & Answers
During a job interview, the hiring manager wants to discuss several things. Think of your:
- Employment history
- Skills and abilities
- Job qualifications
- Educational background
- Career goals
Below you find a list of commonly asked interview questions.
Examples Of General Clinical Laboratory Technologist & Technician Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What interests you about this position?
- Walk me through your resume.
- What motivates you?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Describe your work ethic.
- What is your greatest strength?
- How does your experience qualify you for this job?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a challenging work situation and how you overcame it.
- What are your expectations for this position?
- What are your career goals?
- Why should we hire you?
- What did you like most about your last position?
- What did you like least about your last position?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
Learn how to answer these common job interview questions!
Examples Of Specific Clinical Laboratory Technologist & Technician Behavioral Interview Questions
Learn more about answering behavioral interview questions by using the STAR interview technique.
- Tell me how you plan, organize, and prioritize your workday.
- How do you ensure that you follow exact instructions in order to perform tests or procedures correctly?
- Tell me about a time you thought out of the box to solve a problem.
- What do you think is the biggest misconception outsiders have about the nature of this position?
- You receive a sample that you think could possibly be contaminated. What actions do you take?
- Tell me about the software you have used to report and share results from your analysis.
- What do you consider the most important responsibilities of a clinical laboratory technologist / technician?
- What is GLP? Why is GLP followed, and how do you ensure GLP?
Learn more about questions to ask the interviewer during your job interview.