Radiologic & MRI Technologist Interview Questions & Answers
Radiologic technologists perform diagnostic imaging examinations on patients. MRI technologists operate magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners to create diagnostic images.
Interviewers look for candidates that demonstrate excellent skills such as:
- Interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina
- Attention to detail
- Math skills
- Technical skills
In this blog, we discuss commonly asked interview questions during job interviews for Radiologic & MRI Technologistpositions. We also discuss the qualities that interviewers look for in successful candidates. In other words, we’re here to help you out!
Also, read more about frequently asked job interview questions here and check our job interview preparation checklist.
Skills Interviewers Look For In Successful Candidates
Below we discuss the skills you can highlight in your answers to demonstrate that you’re qualified for the job.
Attention to detail
Why interviewers are interested in your attention to detail:
Radiologic and MRI technologists must follow exact instructions to get the images needed for diagnoses.
Why interviewers are interested in your interpersonal skills:
Radiologic and MRI technologists work closely with patients who may be in extreme pain or mentally stressed. They must put the patient at ease to get usable images.
Learn more about interpersonal skills interview questions and how to answer them!
Why interviewers are interested in your math skills:
Radiologic and MRI technologists may need to calculate and mix the right doses of chemicals used in imaging procedures.
Why interviewers are interested in your physical stamina:
Radiologic and MRI technologists often work on their feet for long periods during their shift, and they must lift and move patients who need assistance.
Why interviewers are interested in your technical skills:
Radiologic and MRI technologists must understand how to operate complex machinery.
Radiologic & MRI Technologist Job Interview Questions & Answers
During a job interview, the hiring manager wants to discuss several things. Think of your:
- Employment history
- Skills and abilities
- Job qualifications
- Educational background
- Career goals
Below you find a list of commonly asked interview questions.
Examples Of General Radiologic & MRI Technologist Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What interests you about this position?
- Walk me through your resume.
- What motivates you?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Describe your work ethic.
- What is your greatest strength?
- How does your experience qualify you for this job?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a challenging work situation and how you overcame it.
- What are your expectations for this position?
- What are your career goals?
- Why should we hire you?
- What did you like most about your last position?
- What did you like least about your last position?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
Learn how to answer these common job interview questions!
Examples Of Specific Radiologic & MRI Technologist Behavioral Interview Questions
Learn more about answering behavioral interview questions by using the STAR interview technique.
- Give me an example of a successful teamwork experience. What made it a success?
- What area and types of medical resonance imaging are you most familiar with?
- How do you make sure you stay up to date on the latest developments in the radiology field?
- What would you do if you disagreed with a colleague about how to position a patient for an MRI scan? Can you give me an example?
- Give me an example of how you analyze an MRI scan.
- How would you comfort a patient who’s anxious or claustrophobic? Can you give me an example?
- What do you consider your greatest accomplishment as a radiologic (or MRI) technologist?
- Please walk me through the basic safety rules you and a patient must adhere to when performing an MRI scan.
- How would you respond to a patient who starts panicking while they are in the MRI scanner?
- What technology and strategy would you use to diagnose (a specific injury. i.e., spinal cord or abdominal injury)?
Learn more about questions to ask the interviewer during your job interview.