Bank Teller Interview Questions & Answers
Tellers are responsible for accurately processing routine transactions at a bank.
Interviewers look for candidates that demonstrate excellent skills such as:
- Customer-service skills
- Attention to detail
- Math skills
In this blog, we discuss commonly asked interview questions during job interviews for Bank Teller positions. We also discuss the qualities that interviewers look for in successful candidates. In other words, we’re here to help you out!
Skills Interviewers Look For In Successful Candidates
Below we discuss the skills you can highlight in your answers to demonstrate that you’re qualified for the job.
Why interviewers are interested in your customer-service skills:
Tellers spend their day interacting with bank customers. They must be friendly, helpful, and patient. They must be able to understand customer needs and explain service options to their customers.
Attention to detail
Why interviewers are interested in your attention to detail:
Tellers must be sure not to make errors when dealing with customers’ money.
Why interviewers are interested in your math skills:
Because they count and handle large amounts of money, tellers must be good at arithmetic.
Bank Teller Job Interview Questions & Answers
During a job interview, the hiring manager wants to discuss several things. Think of your:
- Employment history
- Skills and abilities
- Job qualifications
- Educational background
- Career goals
Below you find a list of commonly asked interview questions.
Examples Of General Bank Teller Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What interests you about this position?
- Walk me through your resume.
- What motivates you?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Describe your work ethic.
- What is your greatest strength?
- How does your experience qualify you for this job?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a challenging work situation and how you overcame it.
- What are your expectations for this position?
- What are your career goals?
- Why should we hire you?
- What did you like most about your last position?
- What did you like least about your last position?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
Examples Of Specific Bank Teller Behavioral Interview Questions
- Tell me about a time you faced an ethical dilemma in your last (or current) position. How did you handle it?
- The routine of a bank teller can get repetitive. How do you stay motivated to perform your best?
- What would you do if you saw a colleague stealing? What actions would you take?
- Give me an example of a time you provided great customer service.
- Which characteristics and skills do you think are important for a bank teller? Can you tell me how you use these skills in your daily work?
- Tell me about a time you successfully resolved a situation with an upset customer.
- Give me an example of a time when you demonstrated that you are able to adapt to different environments.
- What would you do if a customer has a problem and you don’t know how to address it? Can you give me an example?
- Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to get the job done as a bank teller.
- Give me an example of how you go about dealing with multiple tasks at the same time.