Accounting & Auditing Clerk Interview Questions & Answers
Bookkeeping clerks, accounting clerks, and auditing clerks produce financial records for organizations and check financial records for accuracy.
Interviewers look for candidates that demonstrate excellent skills such as:
- Attention to detail
- Math skills
- Computer skills
In this blog, we discuss commonly asked interview questions during job interviews for Bookkeeping, Accounting & Auditing Clerk positions. We also discuss the qualities that interviewers look for in successful candidates. In other words, we’re here to help you out!
Skills Interviewers Look For In Successful Candidates
Below we discuss the skills you can highlight in your answers to demonstrate that you’re qualified for the job.
Why interviewers are interested in your computer skills:
Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks need to be comfortable using computer spreadsheets and bookkeeping software.
Attention to detail
Why interviewers are interested in your attention to detail:
Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks are responsible for producing accurate financial records. They must pay attention to detail in order to avoid making errors and recognize errors that others have made.
Why interviewers are interested in your integrity:
Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks have control of an organization’s financial documentation, which they must use properly and keep confidential. It is vital that they keep records transparent and guard against misusing an organization’s funds.
Why interviewers are interested in your math skills:
Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks deal with numbers daily and should be comfortable with basic arithmetic.
Accounting & Auditing Clerk Job Interview Questions & Answers
During a job interview, the hiring manager wants to discuss several things. Think of your:
- Employment history
- Skills and abilities
- Job qualifications
- Educational background
- Career goals
Below you find a list of commonly asked interview questions.
Examples Of General Accounting & Auditing Clerk Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What interests you about this position?
- Walk me through your resume.
- What motivates you?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Describe your work ethic.
- What is your greatest strength?
- How does your experience qualify you for this job?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell me about a challenging work situation and how you overcame it.
- What are your expectations for this position?
- What are your career goals?
- Why should we hire you?
- What did you like most about your last position?
- What did you like least about your last position?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
Examples Of Specific Accounting & Auditing Clerk Behavioral Interview Questions
- What is your strategy to ensure that you minimize the risk of making mistakes in your work? Can you give me an example?
- Give me an example of a time when you added value to your role as an accounting clerk (or auditing clerk).
- Can you describe how you work under the pressure of tight deadlines? Can you give me an example?
- How do you ensure that you stay focused and organized in your work? Can you give me an example?
- Tell me about a challenging situation you encountered as an accounting or auditing clerk. How did you handle the situation?
- Have you ever made a mistake in your work? How did you fix it? What did you learn from it?
- How do you manage confidential documents appropriately? Can you give me an example of your work process?
- Tell me about a goal you wanted to reach in your current (or previous) position. What actions did you take to achieve it?
- Describe a time you had to adapt to a new situation because priorities changed quickly.
- Tell me about a time you made a suggestion to improve a work process or make it more efficient.